Period of project implementation: 09/01/2015 – 08/31/2018
Project no: 2015-1-FR01-KA203-015261
Project budget: 294 229,00 Eur.
The project #empl-oi – European Mobility Placements for Open Innovation – aims to facilitate high quality stdent mobility and carry out an innovative part-time placement scheme. It allows students to earn competencies that are valuable in the labor market and thereby increase the employability of prospective graduates. The involvement of professionals in the project activities and the experience they share allows the students a more hands-on curriculum that is attuned to the current needs of the job market. #empl-oi fosters dynamic and targeted cooperation between international universities and companies by requiring that students act across traditionally set boundaries.
Vision and Goals
The core elements in #empl-oi are to strengthening higher education mobility and cross-border cooperation. Within this framework, the project’s goal is to address the challenge of student employability and the need to increase the relevance of education by tackling existing skills mismatches of the current system. These elements can be addressed with the following suggestions:
- Promote one year long mobility, rather than single semester stays to allow for deeper immersion in the host county (culture-wise, language-wise);
- Add an extra dimension while studying aboard, by engaging in professional activities in addition to academic experience abroad (part-time placements in addition to academic studies);
- Have student tandems and therefore promoting the concept of internationalization at home and providing an opportunity for non-mobile students to increase awareness about cultural differences (by doing professionally related tasks in close cooperation with an exchange student).
- University of Nice – IAE NICE Graduate School of Management
- University of Napoli Federico II
- University of Alcalá
- Vytautas Magnus University
- University of Lodz – Faculty of Economics and Sociology
- European University Foundation
- Erasmus Student Network
- Lithuanian Business Confederation
- Foundation for Promotion of Entrepreneurship
- UAB Festo
#empl-oi is supported by ERASMUS+, Key Action 2, Strategic Partnerships (2015-2018).